Valley First

Auto Insurance

This insurance is for you if:

  • you own and drive a motor vehicle in B.C.
  • you want to protect you and your family in the event of an accident.
  • you have better things to think about—like the roadtrip you're planning.


Basic Autoplan

All B.C. drivers need to have basic Autoplan liability coverage which includes up to:

  • $150,000 per person for medical and rehabilitation costs
  • $200,000 for damages claimed by others
  • $1 million per person if the at-fault driver is under-insured.

It's a great idea to get extra coverage for everything ICBC doesn't cover through basic Autoplan, such as increased liability, collision and comprehensive coverage. Click on the Optional Insurance tab for more information.


The ICBC Autoplan logo is a trademark of the Insurance Corporation of BC. All rights reserved.

Optional Insurance

Types of Coverage

Collision Insurance

Collision insurance pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged. You'll want to consider:

  • The type of vehicle you drive as it will have an impact on the premium you pay.
  • The minimum deductible for Collision coverage is $300. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
  • If you have a history of at-fault crashes, you may only be able to buy Collision insurance with a high deductible.

Comprehensive Insurance

Comprehensive insurance covers loss or damage to your vehicle by almost any cause except those covered by Collision insurance. You'll want to consider:

  • The type of vehicle you drive as it will have an impact on the premium you pay.
  • Claims made under your Comprehensive coverage do not affect your discount on ICBC's Claim-Rated Scale.
  • Except for windshield claims, the minimum deductible for Comprehensive coverage is $300. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
  • If you have a history of Comprehensive claims, you may only be able to buy Comprehensive insurance with a high deductible.

Vehicle in Storage

If you're not using your vehicle or plan to store it for a while, you can buy Vehicle in Storage coverage. You'll want to consider:

  • Campers, whether attached to a vehicle or not, can only be insured using a separate policy.
  • This policy will not cover any vehicle or trailer that is used as living accommodation at any time while it is insured under the policy.

Limited Depreciation & Replacement Cost

Own a newer car? Protect it from the impact of depreciation. You'll want to consider:

  • Replacement Cost Coverage and/or Limited Depreciation coverage can be purchased for any vehicle that is 3 model years old or less.(some limitations apply if you are not the first owner)
  • You don't have to be the first owner of the vehicle, as long as it is 3 model years old or less.(some limitations apply if you are the first owner)

Extended Third-Party Legal Liability

If you are found at fault for an accident where someone else is hurt or their property is damaged, this type of coverage pays their claims or damages against you. You'll want to consider:

  • You can choose to increase your coverage to $300,000 or to $5 million ... or anywhere in between.

Excess Underinsured Motorist Protection

If you or your passengers are injured in a crash where the at-fault driver doesn't have enough insurance to cover your claim, this insurance covers you and anyone else riding in your vehicle. It covers you if you're a passenger, a pedestrian or a cyclist. You'll want to consider:

  • You can increase your coverage to $2,000,000, for only $25 a year.

Loss of Use

A Loss of Use policy will cover the cost of other transportation while your car is being repaired after a claim. You'll want to consider:

  • Loss of Use will pay for you to rent a vehicle, hire a taxi or use public transportation (a daily maximum applies).
  • If your car is a total loss, it will cover your transportation from the time of the crash until you are paid out for your car, or until you reach the limit of your coverage, whichever happens first.
  • Loss of Use only applies to the coverage you have (i.e. if you only carry Collision coverage and your car is vandalized, Loss of Use will not apply).

Vehicle Travel Protection

If you are involved in a crash or your vehicle is stolen while you are on a trip away from home, this insurance covers many of the extra costs you face. Coverage includes:

  • Extra living costs such as lodging, meals, telephone and transportation, up to a total of $500 or $1,000 depending on the number of people insured.
  • Towing costs up to $100.
  • Travel expenses for the insured to return home, up to $1,500 or $3,000 depending on the number of people insured.
  • Up to $750 to return the damaged or recovered stolen vehicle back home.
  • If you are involved in a crash with a vehicle that is at fault but not insured by ICBC, you will be reimbursed for the Collision deductible you pay.
  • Smart Pay - Available at select branches


As a full service insurance broker, Valley First will provide you with the best rates possible for the coverage you need.

General Costs

In general, several things contribute to the cost of auto insurance:

  • How you use your vehicle (business, pleasure etc.)
  • Where you live
  • Your claim record
  • The vehicle you drive
  • What type and how much additional coverage you choose

For more information on rates, call or visit a Valley First Insurance location today.

Payment Options

Methods of Payment

  • Pay upfront—if you've got the money saved, you can pay the premium in full on the policy effective date.
  • Pay monthly—take advantage of our Smart Pay option so that payments are more bearable.

We accept:

  • Cash
  • Personal Cheques
  • Debit Cards
  • MasterCard®
  • VISA


Need to make a claim?

No problem. Here's how to report or inquire about your insurance claim.

Ready to get a quote? We provide simple insurance solutions to suit your needs—contact us today!


Contact us online and let us know what insurance coverage you’re looking for—we’d be happy to provide you with a quote.

In Person

If you’re more comfortable coming in to see us, we’d be happy to give you a quote in person and chat about your insurance needs.

By Phone

If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our insurance office numbers.